The Top Apprenticeship Careers list 2016 will be announced in September
and published by The Telegraph
and published by The Telegraph
TOP APPRENTICESHIP CAREERS LIST
in association with The Telegraph
• The list will be published in the Telegraph, both online and in print, in September 2016
• The list will also be printed in the annual Apprenticeship Careers Guide that goes out to every school (over 3,000) schools nationally, and is available online.
• Nominations are open from 25th January 2016 until 5th August 2016. The nominations will be independently adjudicated by an expert advisory panel. Submission is free of charge.
• Top organisations will be listed by industry with a separate SME section
Do you offer apprenticeships? Please submit your nominations here
TOP APPRENTICE CAREERS LIST 2016 WELCOMES APPRENTICE EMPLOYERS TO SHINE
EMPLOYERS who invest in apprenticeships are being invited to submit details of their apprentice programmes to the nationally recognised Top Apprenticeship Careers List 2016. The list, to be produced in association with the Daily Telegraph, will raise awareness of credible apprenticeships and celebrate the country’s leading companies within the most popular industry sectors, all whom are investing in young people today.
Accepting entries from across a range of sectors and industries, from construction to health and beauty, as well as the Daily Telegraph, the Top Apprenticeship Careers List 2016 will also be printed in an Apprenticeship Careers Guide which will be distributed to hundreds of schools throughout the country.
Sarah Garrett, Managing Director for Square Peg Media comments: “Apprenticeships play a fundamental role to the future success of thousands of businesses today and so recruiting the best young people is essential. Through the Apprenticeship Careers List, we are looking to showcase some of the most credible apprenticeship schemes available. As well as demonstrating some of the excellent learning programmes available, we hope to raise awareness of the importance of apprenticeships for young people - not just as an alternative to University but also to reduce youth unemployment figures which in some parts of the country have reached an all-time high.”
The List, highlighting the best employers of apprentices by industry, will be announced in September, ahead of the Apprenticeship Careers Show in October. Also included is a separate SME section, allowing smaller companies to demonstrate their offering to apprentices on a smaller scale. Each category will be independently judged by a series of industry experts and former apprentices and there is no charge for companies to submit their details.
Last year, it was revealed by the Government that the term ‘apprenticeship’ will receive legal protection, meaning that any companies using it will have to support it with at least a year’s training and other requirements. Furthermore the government has pledged to create three million apprenticeships by 2020.
Skills Minister Nick Boles said: "If university graduates have their moment in the sun, so should people who undertake apprenticeships. Businesses know their value, so it's high time they were recognised both by the public and in law as being equal to degrees."
For further press details about the Top Apprenticeship Careers List 2015, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07886 873747.
The Apprenticeship Careers List
For more information on getting your company involved, email: email@example.com or call: 020 7258 1777.
The Apprenticeship Guide and List
To be involved in the guide or list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell young people about the work you are doing?
• The Top Apprenticeship Careers list of employers will be included in the guide
• The guide will go out to schools, colleges and career advice outlets
• The glossy guide is aimed at 15-24 year olds and their parents or guardians
• The content will include advice and information about routes to a career through apprenticeships, internships and trainee schemes. Case studies on successful apprenticeships, company profiles, interviews and more.
• Featured in the guide will be those included in the Telegraph ‘Top Apprenticeship Careers’, which are the top employers offering apprenticeships
• Contact us to find out more about being featured, advertising or supplying case studies
APPRENTICESHIP CAREERS SHOW
FRIDAY 9TH OCTOBER - 10:00-16:30
BUSINESS DESIGN CENTRE, ISLINGTON
Meet top employers who invest in careers for young people.
Includes career advice, workshops and 101 clinics.